International Logistics: Relocation & Offshoring
In this seminar, delivered by Manuel Guerris Larruy, will be focusing on practical business cases to help you explore some essential topics, such as business location, relocation and outsourcing from an economic as well as a managerial perspective. Thus, you will be provided with a complete list of items and issues that you may take into account when assessing plant performances and roles within the supply chain, as well as when deciding what to outsource and to where.
To review Supply Chain Management and its processes.
To explore the issues of business location, relocation and outsourcing, from an economic as well as a managerial perspective.
To explore in a detail way the challenges facing with the location of new facilities in different locations.
To provide the participants with a list of issues to consider when taking this type of decisions.
Summary of contents:
- Plant networks: measuring plant performance and roles of plants in a company’s supply chain network
- Outsourcing decisions in a supply chain. What to outsource and where? Dell Computer Case
- Making location decisions in a global market: Amazon’s European Distribution Strategy
- The dynamics of outsourcing and offshoring. Supply Chain Strategy. Plantronics moving to China
Campus A Coruña.
- Friday, 29th May, from 4.30 p.m. to 9.45 p.m.
- Saturday, 30th May, from 9.00 a.m. to 2.15 p.m.
The seminar's price is 350 €.
- Alumni member: 40 %
Second enrolment: 15 %